New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - cut and paste from X11 to/from Aqua

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

freddys

freddys is on a distinguished road

Hi -- I just installed the latest 10.5.7 on my Mac Pro, and notice that cut and paste do not work between X11 and any Aqua application (e.g., Safari). i.e., one can *select* text by dragging over it with the left mouse button, and then _within_ X11 or Safari one can paste it (i.e., middle mouse button for X11, command-c command-v within Safari), BUT one can not go FROM X11 to Safari OR Safari to X11 with any combination of these commands (as one could in Tiger...). Does anyone know an _easy_ solution to this? (I've developed a workaround using pbpaste and pbcopy but it's a very cludgy workaround!)

Thanx!
QUOTE Thanks
freddys

freddys is on a distinguished road

Fixed it. The trick was that the XQuartz/X11.app that ships with Leopard is buggy and somewhat out of date, and software update does not update X11. The simple fix is to go to: XQuartz, and download and install the latest version. As of 2009.07.11, it's X11.pkg version 2.3.3.2 released. Then, open X11 and click on Preferences -> Pasteboard, and put checks in all 5 boxes to make the clipboard and pasteboard listen and talk with each other.
QUOTE Thanks
phimocha

phimocha is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have updated my X11 installation with the latest release (XQuartz 2.3.3.2 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple42)) and I have still no "Pasteboard" pane in my prefs window.

I (almost) succeeded to get cut/paste working by directly setting the good values in org.x.X11.plist. In fact paste from X11 to Mac world works only with middle mouse button....

But I would really like to know why I don't see this Pasteboard pane...

Thanx
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Issues on Duplicate emails | Is it Ok to delete MobileSync folder? »