New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Starting OS9 from OSX

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tr7xl

Hello everyone, brand-new to the forum and have been stuck on a problem with my new Powermac G4. My friend gave my a program to try out but his Mac runs OS9 and mine in OSX. I was told that my Mac will run in both, but when I load in the cd it starts a thing called "classic mac" or something. Is that OS9? Because if I try to start the program it says that this program is not compatible with "classic osx". Is there anyway to start up my Mac in OS9 so that I can open the porgram? If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks,
-Trevor
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

Classic Mac is OS 9.

What is the files extention? (The last 3 characters on the end of the file that follow after the period.)

If the extention is hidden, Ctrl-Click the file and selct "Get Info" then select Name and Extentions.

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks
tr7xl

Skad, thanks for the repy...I got working now. I guess I had to go to system preferences and switch the start-up disk to OS9. Everything is working fine. Thanks much,
-Trevor
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with folders changing. | copying cd's under OS 10.2.6 »