New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

should i upgrade from 10.1 to 10.3


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
fro-nig

 
Member Since: Mar 04, 2005
Posts: 13
fro-nig is on a distinguished road

fro-nig is offline
hey, i was wondering if i should just upgrade to the new 10.3. i dont mind spending the money and i was wondering what are the pros and cons to doing this, and just exactly how i go about installing the new OS?

thanks in advance
jon
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

 
Mr Bobbins's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 29, 2005
Location: Legoland
Posts: 790
Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Mr Bobbins is offline
Hi fro-nig,
10.3 is a lot faster than 10.1. Their where definite speed improvements. That was the main point of upgrading for me but their where other improvements and new features added that made the system so much more enjoyable.

As for upgrading, it would probably make more sense to wait a few months for Tiger, which is 10.4 to come out as then you would be completely up to date and their will no doubt be further improvements in the new 10.4 system.
QUOTE Thanks
fro-nig

 
Member Since: Mar 04, 2005
Posts: 13
fro-nig is on a distinguished road

fro-nig is offline
thanks for the reply, yeah i was just reading on apple.com about the new 10.4. it looks like it should be the way to go. so i will wait and then get the 10.4 instead of getting the 10.3 and then wanting to get the 10.4 a few months after getting the 10.3.
QUOTE Thanks
jsb515

 
jsb515's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 23, 2005
Posts: 199
jsb515 is on a distinguished road

jsb515 is offline
yeah just wait till 10.4 no need to upgrade to 10.3 now...
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

 
Mr Bobbins's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 29, 2005
Location: Legoland
Posts: 790
Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Mr Bobbins is offline
Glad to be of help, according to Appleinsider tiger will be with us in the next 60 days :http://www.appleinsider.com/news.php?id=940
But then not all of what they say is true, it's a bit like reading your stars, but it shouldn't be long now. :cool:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« 10.3.8 update & Mail / iChat problems | upgrade to tiger »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
upgrade my old G4 400 PM to 10.3 silvertone OS X - Operating System 2 11-28-2004 11:03 PM
Upgrade to 10.3 - now my mac won't start Chee Z OS X - Operating System 15 11-02-2004 01:55 PM
Scared to upgrade to 10.3 from 9.1 remltr Apple Notebooks 5 10-02-2004 06:39 PM
Lost modem after upgrade to 10.3 Evil Homer Apple Notebooks 1 07-12-2004 03:41 PM
OSX to 10.1 to10.2 to 10.3 updating (?) jasonr OS X - Operating System 4 12-17-2003 07:46 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?