New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Making script automatically run

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ruffryder1613

ruffryder1613 is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Is there a way to make the attached script run everytime a file is added to a certain folder? Basically the script changes the permissions of the file to RW RW RW so i am trying to make it do this to the file automatically when it is added to a certain folder on my computer? Thanks!

on open these_items
repeat with i from 1 to the count of these_items
set this_item to item i of these_items
tell application "Finder" to reveal this_item
set this_path to the quoted form of the POSIX path of this_item
do shell script "chmod a+w" & space & this_path
end repeat
end open
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Apple - Pro - Tips - Adding Automation Through Folder Actions
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« in leopard we can't send sms through blue teeth in address book, right? | Removed Windows, how to change default boot »