Unhappy Update for Mac os X 10.5.7 stuck
    i Just got my MBP 15' and it had 10.5.5 on it and as apple recommended to update the OS to 10.5.7, i did it. I downloaded all the updates even the large 737 mb file i.e 10.5.7 update.All updates got installed but for the main update that is the OS update..wen we restart it ask for installing updates.it started installing and get stuck in the starting like the bar goes ------- this much and stays there for 6hrs.I restarted my MBP but still the software hasn't updated.?
    What to do ? This is my new MBP and i dont wanna screw up.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    If you forcibly shut the machine down during the install, there may be some corruption in the file system.

The easiest way to fix this would be to start the machine, go into Disk Utility (Applications => Utilities => Disk Utility). Select "Macintosh HD", click the First Aid tab and click Verify Disk, then Repair Disk. Also run Verify and Repair Permissions. Then try using the combo updater again.

If the problem persists, you may need to use the fsck command in single user mode to sort out the issue.

Start the machine in single user mode (turn the computer on and immediately press and hold Command+S). At the prompt, type the following:

/sbin/fsck -f

Allow the repair to run, and if it found errors, run the repair again until it comes up without errors.

Then, when finished try running the combo updater again.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thanks for the Help But nothing is working for me..Tried Everything you said.still the installation is stuck for about 2 hrs now.Any Solutions? Should i take my MBP to the Apple guys ?Can they update OS X for me ?
    MacBook Pro 15' iPod Classic 120gb

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by n4speed View Post
    Thanks for the Help But nothing is working for me..Tried Everything you said.still the installation is stuck for about 2 hrs now.Any Solutions? Should i take my MBP to the Apple guys ?Can they update OS X for me ?
    Something is not right there. I would definitely consider making a Genius Bar appointment if you can.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information