New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

No more IE for MAC?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SniperZ

Well I just read in Mac Addict that Internet Exploror wont be supported for Mac anymore, well I was going to buy a mac but if IE wont be supported not sure if my ISP can support it, What web Browser will be supported after IE is gone? Thanks for your Help.... :confused:
I just read ..bear with me im new to OS X I guess Sarfari is the defualt browser, hopefuly it will work for my ISp I have a cable modem its "InsightBB". IF any one can help me that would be great.
I called the tech support for my isp they were like Mac what?
Oh ya havent seen one of those in a long while, Ya Ya just answer my question. They said you can still download IE for Mac, I said yes but its isnt going to be supported I was just tryign to find out If "SAFARI" which at that ponit i didnt know what browser mac uses, they said most browsers will work so im in the dark, If it dosent work ill have to go dial up YUCK!!!!! i doubt that will happen but hey if any of you hear or know anything let me know thanks a bunch Milton
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

It's not being developed for PC anymore either. IE is no more. Yay!
Safari should be fine.
You will love your "Mac". Not MAC
QUOTE Thanks
nko

Any ISP can be used in conjunction with any browser. The two are completely independant of each other. In fact, any ISP can be used with any OS, as far as I know. You could well port AtheOS to a MIPS workstation and have the thing online. How's THAT for obscurity and being in the dark?
QUOTE Thanks
SniperZ

Cool had me worried there for a Sec..... I was about to just call it quits with computers forever...
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Yeah what nko said.. your ISP is just connecting you to the net.. how you surf it is up to you
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X Acting up one me, lock-ups... | New SSH Exploit affects Mac OS X users »