New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook Air - Print Screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

edwyn24

edwyn24 is on a distinguished road

Hi all

I have a macbook air and was wondering is there anyway i can print screen, like you can press print screen a pc keyboard

cheers
Edwyn
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

yeah there is. Press Command shift and 3 for a full screen print. Also you can press command shift 4 and drag a box on what you want to copy. Then a file appears on your desktop.

MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
Check out my flickr
QUOTE Thanks
edwyn24

Thank you for that, will try when i get home, presumerly i can drag to photoshop, amend as i need to and copy into work

Edwyn
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

Yeah it appears as a jpg on your desktop. You can use it anyway you like. It is a great little feature.

MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
Check out my flickr
QUOTE Thanks
edwyn24

Much appricate it thank you

Regards
Edwyn
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

There is also a sticky thread about this:

Often forgot screenshot method...

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Pomeroy

Pomeroy is a jewel in the roughPomeroy is a jewel in the rough

There are several ways to do a screen capture. Here are the ways I am aware of.

To Screen Capture:
* Command+Shift+3: Takes a screenshot of the entire screen, and saves it as a PNG file on the desktop.

* Command+Shift+4, then select an area with the cross hairs: Takes a screenshot of the area and saves it as a file on the desktop.

* Command+Shift+4, let up and then hit the space bar, a camera will pop up then click a window: Takes a screenshot of the window you clicked on and saves it as a file on the desktop.

* Command+Control+Shift+3: Takes a screenshot of the screen, and saves it to the clipboard.

* Command+Control+Shift+4, then select an area: Takes a screenshot of an area and saves it to the clipboard.

* Command+Control+Shift+4, let up and then hit the space bar,a camera will pop up, then click a window: Takes a screenshot of a window and saves it to the clipboard.

In Leopard, the following keys can be held down while selecting an area (via Command+Shift+4 or Command+Control+Shift+4):

* Space, to lock the size of the selected region and instead move it when the mouse moves.

* Shift, to resize only one edge of the selected region.

* Option, to resize the selected region with its center as the anchor point .

To cancel you can also hit 'Esc' and get rid of the crosshairs/camera.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.2-MacMini3,1:10.9.2-iPhone6,1:7.1

You can also go to Applications > Utilities > Grab

Privacy has become a luxury good. Be prepared to budget for it from here on out...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to configure Macos X 10.5 auto-mount a dmg file | leopard not booting »