New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - .a23t.mk4e.plist

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sanj

sanj is on a distinguished road

Keep getting errors when trying to fix permissions on my macbook pro. I've also noticed general slow downs with applications and network. I've been a Mac user since 1987 and an Apple user even longer and this is a wholly new and frustrating experience...

Using Drive Genius and get the error:

/Users/user/Library/Preferences/.a23t.mk4e.plist:
Conversion of data failed. The file is not UTF-8, or in the encoding specified in XML header if XML.

Any help / advice would be appreciated - Thanks,

Sanj
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Have you tried dragging the preference file to the desktop and rebooting?
QUOTE Thanks
wbroswer6682

wbroswer6682 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanj View Post
Keep getting errors when trying to fix permissions on my macbook pro. I've also noticed general slow downs with applications and network. I've been a Mac user since 1987 and an Apple user even longer and this is a wholly new and frustrating experience...

Using Drive Genius and get the error:

/Users/user/Library/Preferences/.a23t.mk4e.plist:
Conversion of data failed. The file is not UTF-8, or in the encoding specified in XML header if XML.

Any help / advice would be appreciated - Thanks,

Sanj
Hi

Did you ever figure out how to remedy this? I've been experiencing slowness on my Mac Pro, and DiskWarrior identified the culprit as a file having the *exact* same name as yours, but I can't even find it to delete (set Finder to include System Files and Invisible Files, but no love).

It's supposed to be in the username/library/prefs but it's like it doesn't really exist (apart from causing problems).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Snow Leopard - Freezes at Log Out | emptying trash of time machine inProgress files »