Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    red_afrooo
    Exclamation removing xp and installing mac os x 10.2
    [COLOR=black]hey, plz i need some serious help... i have a compaq presario 2100 pentium 4, 2.8 ghz, 514ram and 40gega hard disk with windows xp running it... well i want yo split the hard disk into two, one part having windows xp running it and one part having mac os 10.2... if that is impossible then i wanna fully remove xp and install mac! is that impossible too??? plz reply back....

red_afrooo
    windows xp to mac os 10.2
    windows xp to Mac OS 10.2

Specs:
    1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
    Impossible.

hokiethang
    Quote Originally Posted by red_afrooo
    [COLOR=black]hey, plz i need some serious help... i have a compaq presario 2100 pentium 4, 2.8 ghz, 514ram and 40gega hard disk with windows xp running it... well i want yo split the hard disk into two, one part having windows xp running it and one part having mac os 10.2... if that is impossible then i wanna fully remove xp and install mac! is that impossible too??? plz reply back....
    very impossible. OS X is not designed for the Pentium Processor line. OS X is locked to running on the PowerPC processor, which is only available from Apple.

Specs:
    17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
    Oh how I wish I could convert all the thousands of dollars worth of equipment I have into something that is usefull
    Emrys
    Community Administrator / Moderator
    MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!

StealthMode
    Buy a mac, get Virtual PC, and load up XP through that. Then anytime you want to use XP you woud run VPC.
    I use both, I have a PC w/XP and my PowerBook, and I am running XP on my mac as well through virtualpc. You can also run linux, and Win9x through it as well.

Stealth -

Specs:
    1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthMode
    Buy a mac, get Virtual PC
    VPC is free?

sKaD

Specs:
    17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
    No, it is pretty expensive : http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product...virtualpc.aspx

Starts at $129 OS-LESS ( you provide your own os ) and then jumps to $249 with Win2K and up and up
    Emrys
    Community Administrator / Moderator
    MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!

nko
    Do people honestly not know about the whole difference in systems? It grates on my mind to see posts like this, where correct punctuation and, often, spelling, take a back seat. Not that I'm trying to say this guy's a l00z0R or something, just that it kinda feels like nails on a chalkboard.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    We get all kinds.. people who barely speak english, people who speak |-|@)K3R, people who have impeccible english, people who cawnt spil.. all kinds.. and you know what.. they are all welcome here

calbob
    Quote Originally Posted by red_afrooo
    Hi! SORRY. Not possible. You can make a Mac look and operate like a PC with one of the PC Emulators out there but you cannot make a PC into a Mac. Wish it were so because we would have a lot more Mac users if possible.

nko
    People who can't spill? I never thought I'd have such mundane people to idolize so much!

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    *cackle*

urbandyke
    I'm stll trying to figure out why anyone would WANT to emulate a Windows box. *shiver*

HopperJonusFang
    Its because they dont know any better. The novice computer user sees a "computer" as a Pentium based Windows drive monster.
    Someone who is about to purchase their first computer, and has done Windows based courses on how to use a "computer" will ask for a PC, when really they want a computer.
    So they go into PC World. There are what, 20 PC's on show and 4 macs.

The chances of them buying a Mac? Very very low.

Thread Information