New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - OSX Cant be installed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

neonphotography

neonphotography is on a distinguished road

Hi, Tonight I tried upgrading Tiger to Leopard but it told me it could not be installed, so i picked the option to reset and go back to my regular hard drive, except that it then wouldn't go, it would just keep switching off. So I put my old installation disks back in try and make it work, this time it worked however it got as far as picking a place to install the OSX and nothing came up, i tried this a few times and everytime nothing comes up. I am not sure where to go from here as I dont want to do a reformat if I can avoid it?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
tjmoor

tjmoor is on a distinguished road

What are the specs on the computer you're trying to do this on? HDD size? Available space on HDD? Age? Series of computer? RAM? Type of RAM? Processor? This information will be necessary to help solve the problem.

2.4 Ghz Aluminum MacBook (250GB HDD, 3 GB RAM, 32GB Vista partition for BootCamp/Fusion)

16GB iPod Touch (2nd Gen)
QUOTE Thanks
neonphotography

Its an Imac 2 years old, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16GHz with one processor, 1 GB memory, 250GB Hard drive with about 68GB free
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Can you get it booted up in safe mode

(hold down the shift key at start-up)

If you can boot it up at all, you can back it up to preserve your files and set-up

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
neonphotography

I just tried that and it didnt work, My files were all backed up before hand so thats not a problem, but I just wanted to avoid reformatting if I could, if that is the only way to get it working again Ill do that?
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

If you have a back-up then a reformat is the best thing to do, at least it will be a fresh install

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

By chance is the Leopard disc a silver grey system restore disc from another machine? These are very model specific and rarely, if ever, install on a different model.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen Flashing | macbook startup issue »