Angry Virus scanner found virus...but I can't
    I downloaded ClamXav virus scanner, just to be on the safe side. Lo and behold, it found a bunch of viruses in "Bells To The Wall.favorite/Contents" Unfortunately, I can't find the dad blasted thing to delete them. Anyone know how to find it? I did defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true in the terminal, but I still cant find this Bells To The Wall thing. Help!

Specs:
    MacBook
    Currently, there are NO viruses for Mac OS X.

Any scanner you have that finds one is scamming you in an attempt to have you believe it is actually doing more than just taking up space on your hard drive.
    Even supposedly highly trusted ones like ClamXav will not find anything that harms your Mac.

Ignore what it says it found and don't worry about it.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
    Currently, there are NO viruses for Mac OS X.

Any scanner you have that finds one is scamming you in an attempt to have you believe it is actually doing more than just taking up space on your hard drive.
    Even supposedly highly trusted ones like ClamXav will not find anything that harms your Mac.

Nevertheless, couldn't it be a virus that passes itself on to my Windows using friends? And even if not, it strikes me as kind of weird that I can't find this thing anywhere...I'd just like to know how to get to it. Spotlight is no help. You were right, the final report says "No infected files were found," but just what is that Bells to the Wall thing?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Agreed with DB. If anything Virus wise is there it's a Windows Virus. What is the name of the Virus it says you have?

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesLJ View Post
    I'd just like to know how to get to it. Spotlight is no help. You were right, the final report says "No infected files were found," but just what is that Bells to the Wall thing?
    You can't "get to it" because there is nothing to get to.
    There is nothing there to find.
    It is a phantom file that simply doesn't exist.

As I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
    Any scanner you have that finds one is scamming you in an attempt to have you believe it is actually doing more than just taking up space on your hard drive.....

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information