New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook - OS X screwed up

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tjbackstage

tjbackstage is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: aluminum MacBook: 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 9400M, 250 GB HDD (32GB for Vista)

About 2 hours ago, I rebooted by MacBook up into Vista because I found a way to change my trackpad settings (on my unibody MacBook) in Vista while I was in Fusion and wanted to see if it worked in BootCamp. I restarted my computer back into Leopard again about 30 minutes ago and for some reason, everything's screwed up. I've done NOTHING to my settings and am totally confused. I've restarted the computer over 10 times and have tried to see if anything in System Prefrences seems to be abnormal, but it all seems to be fine. It's still working enough for me to be writing this right now, but some things in the OS are just screwed up for no reason. I want to pop in my system restore discs to try reinstalling OS X, but I don't want to screw anything up. Just to clarify (since I don't want to do a single thing to harm my computer in anyway and I take care of my MacBook more than anything I've ever had in my life), do I just insert the disc that came with my computer that says "MacBook: Mac OS X Install DVD"? What will I need to do? Will it just reinstall? I have a Time Machine backup, but will everything stay on my computer? I want to do this before I go to bed, so any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

Notebook: aluminum MacBook (2.4 GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3 GB RAM, 250GB HDD, 32GB partition for Vista Home Premium, Ubuntu Linux 8.10 running in VMWare Fusion 2)
iPod: 16GB iPod Touch (2nd generation), 8GB iPod Nano (3rd generation)
QUOTE Thanks
kahlil88

kahlil88 is a jewel in the roughkahlil88 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro A1151 2.16 GHz

I doubt you'll need to re-install, but you need to give more details about the problem, since nobody on this forum can actually SEE what your system is doing. "Screwed up" could describe just about anything.

There is no system but GNU and Linux is one of its kernels.
Join the FSF as an Associate Member!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB 1.0 needs upgrade | Trouble restarting, lost my icons! »