New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - data recovery help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

theboot

theboot is on a distinguished road

Can anyone recommend a reliable company that does data recovery in the uk -preferably with a no recovery no fee policy. Apple say they will replace the drive but take no responsability for file recovery. It’s for a macbook pro. I have a list from apple that includes CBL, Drivesavers and Ontrack – I wondered if there was anywhere else worth a look that people had good experience with– as it seems to be such an expensive business

Any advice & input welcomed

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
theboot

Can anyone recommend a reliable company that does data recovery in the uk -preferably with a no recovery no fee policy. Apple say they will replace the drive but take no responsability for file recovery. It’s for a macbook pro. I have a list from apple that includes CBL, Drivesavers and Ontrack – I wondered if there was anywhere else worth a look that people had good experience with– as it seems to be such an expensive business

Any advice & input welcomed

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

The worst thing about your post tho - and not to be mean - you didn't seem to even check the places apple referred you to.

CBL, the FIRST place on your list, which appears to be in the UK: Data Recovery Services by CBL: Hard Drive Recovery Services, Hard Disk Drive Recovery

on their home page states:

"Recommended by manufacturers, CBL's hard drive recovery services are 'warranty-safe' and backed by a 'No Data, No Charge' service guarantee. We will recover the data you need or you don't pay a penny."

You really probably should investigate the options given first...

But should you decide to not look into the recommendations from apple:

There are several places that seem to offer a no recovery no charge policy - I can't say how good or bad they are or if they are reputable companies, but if you do a search for:

hard drive data recovery UK

on google, a bunch show up and several seemed to offer a no data no charge fee. Now whether they can do HFS drives, etc. you'll probably need to research and see if any of the companies are recommended.
QUOTE Thanks
theboot

Thanks for your feedback

It just happens none of apple’s recommendations are based in London – so I guess i was hoping someone might chip in with some experience of somewhere based here. (CBL are based in Newcastle.)

As to researching to see if any other companies were recommended that what I was trying to do with my post. As I don’t know a lot about the process of data recovery -rather than listening to some marketing schpeel from various companies end -I was hoping to pool some consumer point of views/recomendations. The plan was to source a bunch of options and call them all in one hit as it where.

anyho thanks for the input - i will try do a somemore research meantime
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

btw - you didn't mention you needed it in london - you just said the UK I hope you find what you need.

I want to say the search I had done on google showed at least 1 place in london (I only kind of skimmed to see what was listed). Data recovery services are some of the most expensive, so I wouldn't be surprised if it costs a pretty penny (or pence) if the data can be recovered. (although it is cheaper then it was about 9 years ago when I had looked into it for a customer whos drive failed).

Good luck in your search tho, I hope you find what you need in the price range you can afford.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Install OSX retail on new drive--new drive not seen | Applications Folder does not save settings »