New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

My Daughter Changed My Background Color

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nelsone

nelsone is on a distinguished road

Ok People, I need help!!

I have absolutely no idea how my 3 year old daughter did this but she managed to change the background color of my computer to black where it makes all the images look transluscent. I basically only see outlines of images on my screen, I have no color except for black. I have tried to change it back to no success. Can anyone help me get my computer back to its normal colors.

Thanks in advance!!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
nelsone

Hello all,

I have absolutely no idea how my 3 year old daughter did this but she managed to hit a few buttons on my mac and completely change the background color. All of the images on my screen looks translucent with a black background. Basically, I do not see colors anymore just outlines of images. Amazingly, I cannot figure out how to get it back to the way it was before...

PLEASE HELP!!
Thank you in advance for your help
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

System Preferences, Universal Access. Sounds like it's set to Black on White and maybe the slider is all the way up. It should be at Normal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (118.5 KB, 16 views)
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

If it is inverted then read this.

Otherwise I'd try Preferences and change the background colour there. See the 'Desktop & Screen Saver' tab, and the 'Desktop'.

Lastly, perhaps it is a 'Universal Access' option also under Preferences. Perhaps the 'Display' option under the 'Seeing' tab.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
nelsone

OMG...that worked...you rock!! thank you sooo much
QUOTE Thanks
matt1985

matt1985 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G

possibly one of the settings under Universal Access --> Seeing --> Display

The "black on white" settings and/or "contrast"

there some keyboard shortcuts which can alter these settings so she may have just mashed the keyboard and changed some of those settings.

2.5Ghz MacBook Pro, 4GB RAM, 512MB 8600M GT, 250GB HDD
20" Apple Cinema Display
16GB Black 3G iPhone
30GB Black iPod 5th Gen
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

What an amazing child! You need to get her into computer school!
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

White on Black and Grey scale, she had fun....
System Prefs > Universal Access > Seeing

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

What worked?

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

NOTE: Merged crossposts

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
What worked?
The Universal Access settings. I would have still been not sure but got rep so figured it solved it. Kids or Cats on keyboards can change those settings quite easily. Seen it done over and over.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

Got rep too, so that is why I asked. Glad to see we saw a result.

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
Got rep too, so that is why I asked. Glad to see we saw a result.
In the end that is the good thing, they solved their problem. There were 2 threads also so it got a bit mixed up!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Finally installed my pile of updates and I've been... | Restoring Widgets With Time Machine »