New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook Pro - Burning Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

blazen69

blazen69 is on a distinguished road

I have been playing around with burning on my new Macbook Pro,and i am
having a hard time burning audio cd's at the speed i want.I have been trying to burn them at a slower speed but try as i might, i am only able to burn at 8x speed.I burned an audio cd in itunes and selected 2x speed.The cd burned in about 8 minutes which is way too quick for about 50(roughly) minutes of music.I called Apple's customer support line and spoke with 3 people about my issue, all of which were unbelievable stupid and useless.One of them tried to feed me some nonsense about how all drives take different amounts of time to burn at certain speeds therefore it's quicker then on my desktop(pc),which is absolutely idiotic.The next guy told me that there is no need to ever burn at a slower speed then 8x as a solution, which i found absolutely infuriating.That's like someone selling you a car that maxes out at 80 mph and saying "but you don't need to drive faster then that".How about you don't tell me how to use my computer
buddy alright.I like to burn audio cd's slower.I am an audiophile and i happen to think they sound better that way.Also if i try to use finder or another piece of software like Burn the only option i get is 8x speed.Any help would be greatly appreciated, since Apple only seems to employ incompetent customer support reps.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Have you tried different media? My mac's burn speeds is dictated by the media inserted.

Code:
HL-DT-ST DVDRW  GSA-S10N:

Firmware Revision:	AP12
  Interconnect:	ATAPI
  Burn Support:	Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)
  Cache:	2048 KB
  Reads DVD:	Yes
  CD-Write:	-R, -RW
  DVD-Write:	-R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
  Write Strategies:	CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
  Media:	Insert media and refresh to show available burn speeds
even says it on the last line.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone having external hard drive issues with 10.5.6? | Mail/Time Machine Issues »