New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Finder Keep opening Folders in a New Window

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kasun

Kasun is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

This is dumb question, but
My Finder keep opening folders on a new folder every time, I unchecked the box under finder preference "Always Open Folders in a New Window." but nothing changers. All the finder windows I open keep opening in new windows. Can anyone help me please,
Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Try logging on to your machine using another account (create a test account if you already do not have another) and see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't occur when logging on to the new account, try running "repair disk permissions".

You can repair disk permissions two ways: Boot with your install media, run Disk Utility from the top menu and select "repair disk permissions". Or, you can download the free "OnyX" program and repair disk permissions using its maintenance routine. Link

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Kasun

Kasun is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the detailed reply mate,
I tried every thing you said, But it still oppens in new windows. I tried the OnyX program as well but didnt work. I can change the setting by going to finder preference "Always Open Folders in a New Window." but nothing changers.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

If you have the sidebar & toolbar hidden for a folder, then subfolders will open in a new window regardless of that setting. If you have the sidebar on, then the checkbox determines whether subfolders will open in a new window or not.

The opposite of "always" is not "never." It is "sometimes." There is no "Never open folders in a new window" option.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 10.4 - My iMac G5 wont boot up | Using Archive Utility.app from Terminal »