Thread: Windows to Mac basics
03-02-2009, 09:53 AM #1
Windows to Mac basics
- Member Since
- Mar 02, 2009
1) In windows, you can view all events by using the event viewer. It will show you any warnings, errors, info about the OS, drivers, apps etc. Where is this in OSX? (I think it might be the kernel panic thingy, but how do I access that?)
2) In most laptops, the harddrive activity light shows when the HD is being used. How do I know with the macbook Pro? There is no indicator lights?
3) In windows, I use foobar to stream music over the network. When I use Itunes, it starts copying all the files FROM the network share before playing them. So, is there a better player that doesn't do this or can Itunes be configured to do this?
03-02-2009, 10:54 AM #2
- Member Since
- Mar 30, 2004
- 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
1. The Console application will display the system log files
2. No, there's no activity light. There are Dashboard widgets that will show disk activity (as does the Activity Monitor) but imost people don't care and shouldn't.
3. There's a Preferences option that lets you specify whether music files should be copied to the Library or not.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By mikehende in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 03-25-2013, 04:09 PM
By Captain_Nemo in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 1Last Post: 11-07-2012, 10:46 AM
By ghettochild in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 3Last Post: 09-20-2005, 10:40 AM
By iFX in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 3Last Post: 06-09-2005, 03:49 PM
By Jordan in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 2Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:31 AM