New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Help needed for re-installing OS.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Husar

Husar is on a distinguished road

Hi.

I need to re-install my OS, and my question is: How much will I need to install again afterwards? I have the Office package installed, and was now wondering, do I have to install it again, after I have re-installed my OS? I only have one license left for Office.

Hope some one can help me.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

If you have a time machine back-up, then you can use migration assistant to bring it back

But why are you re-installing the OS, it isn't usually necessary

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

And if you absolutely have to do a clean install and have 20GB of your HDD available, use Archive and Install. The old OS will be in a folder named of course 'Older System' and drag files from that.
QUOTE Thanks
Husar

Husar is on a distinguished road

Hi.

Thanks for the answers.

I have a problem when I want to burn CD´s or DVD´s. I can´t find any software that works.

When I burn a CD or DVD, and it is finishing the disc, it comes with an error that says that it can´t complete the burn. I have asked a danish support desk, and they said, that I need to re-install my os.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

What software have you tried unsuccessfully to burn with? I'd lean more toward a problem with the burner or burning software than with the operating system.

In the Windows world this is more common. But since OS X is a UNIX-based operating system and not subject to the same "Windows rot", it's very unlikely that a reinstall is needed.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox Slow, Fans Speed Up | hide folders from showing in stacks? »