New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Safari issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

munkoo

munkoo is on a distinguished road

Hi, new poster here.

Basically when I open Safari it seems to work ok for a few mins then crashes on me. The little coloured circle comes up, it looks as though it's loading the page then just completely freezes.

I then have to force quit Safari to come out.

It seems to be an issue on my Macbook and I-mac.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and apologies if this has been asked a thousand times before.

P.s. I've just downloaded Firefox and that works fine. So doesn't seem to be a network or router issue
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Have you tried clearing the Safari history and caches? Sometimes if either gets too full, Safari will give you the "beach ball". Go to Safari preferences and check all your settings. Reset the time for history and use a smaller size for the database cache.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The old Port Forwarding chestnut | Computer keeps ejecting DVDs. »