New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook Pro - leopard wont boot!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gm1644

gm1644 is on a distinguished road

i am having a huge problem with my macbook pro running leopard. i was originally trying to partition my hardrive for windows with boot camp but that failed cause it "couldnt move files" so i ran disk utility with the installation disk to fix the harddrive.

anyways next thing i know i boot my computer and it stops at the blue login screen before it has the option to login with the spinning wheel and does a loop of blue screens with spinning wheel. wont boot in safe mode and it always stops at the same screen. so i looked around on the web and it sounded like a had to archive and install. so i did that and then half an hour in it told me i had a corrupt file and i had to restart.

so i restarted and then it brought me straight to the leopard installation screen and told me that "mac osx cannot be upgraded to v10.5 on your computer" because "macosx 10.4 or later could not be found"!!! i used the disk util to repair the hard drive but it said everything was fine. i cant safe boot, it wont give me the option to archive and install again its only giving me the option to erase my whole harddrive!

pleeease help! i have not backed up in 2 months! is there anyway to get this to start up or back up some files from this point?

thanks soo much in advance!

details:
running leopard on macbook pro with intel 2.2
32 gigs of free space left
bought the computer dec 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need Help With Freezing Issue | Back from Imac with only windows to Mac OS X »