New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Wallpaper settings?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

akj27

akj27 is on a distinguished road

Is there such a thing? Like in Windows, you know how you change change your wallpaper, and there's a list of preinstalled wallpapers to choose from? I got to change my wallpaper but it's not resized right. I search for wallpaper settings but found nothing, nothing in appearances. Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Go into System Preferences => Desktop & Screen Saver. All of the options you need should be there.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
J.Fo

J.Fo is a jewel in the roughJ.Fo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, late 2012 model, 21"

akj27;

If you are looking for a setting on your Mac, but are not sure where to find it, use the spotlight search bar in the upper right of the System Preferences window. For instance, if you type "wallpaper" into that window, spotlight will show you exactly where it is. Take a look:

QUOTE Thanks
shfle

shfle will become famous soon enough

Or you could right click anywhere on your deskyop and then select 'Change desktop background' from drop-down list.
QUOTE Thanks
akj27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Go into System Preferences => Desktop & Screen Saver. All of the options you need should be there.

its not there, it goes straight from appearance to dock
QUOTE Thanks
akj27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shfle View Post
Or you could right click anywhere on your deskyop and then select 'Change desktop background' from drop-down list.
and if i do that, it doesnt do anything, nothing opens.
QUOTE Thanks
shfle

shfle will become famous soon enough

Just found this
Apple - Support - Discussions - Missing Desktop & Screensaver ...
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shfle View Post
That looks like it should work. I'm assuming that is what you are doing right now? Also, to set a picture from the internet as a wallpaper, make sure it is your screen size in order for it to look pretty ex. mine is 1680 x 1050.
Only use pictures with those dimensions.

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Macintosh

Mr Macintosh can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7

go to system preferences in Application folder. Then click on 'Desktop and Screensaver.' It should come up alright. Or right click the desktop. Maybe you could insert the 2nd Mac OS X install disk and select 'Repair damaged content.'
Actually i think that might be a special disk you have 2 buy from apple, im not sure
gd luck!
QUOTE Thanks
MacTrooper

MacTrooper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24", 3.06GHz, 1TB HD, 4GB RAM; MBP 15" 2.53 GHz

By the way, if you're looking for some nice hi-res images for your desktop, I saw this one on of my podcasts...

InterfaceLIFT: Wallpaper sorted by Date

Nice stuff there.

 iMac 24"" 3.06GHz; 4GB RAM w/ Magic Mouse
 MacBook Pro 15" 2.53GHz w/ Magic Mouse
 iPhone 4 32GB
 iPod Classic 160GB
QUOTE Thanks
akj27

here's what he tells you to do:

Download Pacifist and extract the DesktopScreenEffectsPref and ScreenSaver prefPanes from your Leopard install disk. Put them into /System/Library/PreferencePanes/ and restart. If that doesn't restore their functionality, then you're looking at doing an Archive & Install installation, saving user and network settings.

Ok, I installed pacifist, inserted the disk, but where do I find the desktopscreeneffectspref and screensaverprefpanes in the disk? I looked but didn't find anything.
QUOTE Thanks
dbnoise

dbnoise will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj27 View Post
here's what he tells you to do:

Download Pacifist and extract the DesktopScreenEffectsPref and ScreenSaver prefPanes from your Leopard install disk. Put them into /System/Library/PreferencePanes/ and restart. If that doesn't restore their functionality, then you're looking at doing an Archive & Install installation, saving user and network settings.

Ok, I installed pacifist, inserted the disk, but where do I find the desktopscreeneffectspref and screensaverprefpanes in the disk? I looked but didn't find anything.
Did you try to search for it. A sidebar should come out showing your search results.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Side Bar | My computer is stuck at start up »