DSL suddenly not working on Mac, Working fine on Windows
Yesterday, Friday 13`th, I was working on the internet as usual on my
- DSL unlimited plan
- Macbook Pro w/ Mac OS 10.5 Operating System
- Siemens SL2_141 Modem
Suddenly at around 7PM, the sites were not opening anymore. I tried reconnecting, it got connected, got the IP but there was no data transfer. I tried restarting modem, the same thing happens.
Now, today I opened a virtual system, Parallels, to run Windows XP and connected as usual by creating a dial up connection, and its working fine. Data is being transferred both sides, all sites are opening fine.
Then on MacOS, I tried deleting the current connection profile and created a new one with same username/password but the problem is same. Again its getting connected but no Data transfer.
** By No Data transfer I mean, apps are sending request but there is no reply. For e.g Browsers give not found / timeout error .
IP is only the start, make sure your Netmask, Gateway and especially your DNS settings are correct. Also, check Proxy settings for Safari.
Usually, your Gateway is the IP address of your Modem, and DNS should be be dynamically assigned on the modem to ensure that are up to date. If not, you can found out what your ISP's DNS IP addresses are and set them up manually.
Most the time your do not use Proxy addresses at home, work places may use them, so make sure they are cleared out.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.