Specs:
    powerbook G3 400 mghz
    powerbook g3 password
    Hello everyone....I have tried everything I know to get into this thing.....I don't have the password I was told to reboot while holding down the apple and S keys so I could enter some information and reset the password....I am told that a black screen will come up....but it keeps going back to th3 log in screen....can anyone help??

Specs:
    powerbook G3 400 mghz
    dont know which OS
    Hello everyone....I have tried everything I know to get into this thing.....I don't have the password I was told to reboot while holding down the apple and S keys so I could enter some information and reset the password....I am told that a black screen will come up....but it keeps going back to th3 log in screen....can anyone help?? The OS is 9.2 holding the apple & s gets me nowhere

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Do you have the original install media? See the following thread on the same subject: Link

Regards.

Specs:
    powerbook G3 400 mghz
    Media
    No...I don't have the original install media.......so any ideas.....Thanks for responding and trying to help me

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB Flash Storage, 3.3Ghz, 16GB memory, OS X.11.5.
    Looks like you are oing to have to buy the install discs as that is the way it needs to be done and are you really using OS X.0, which was a beta test release?

For a G3 suggest looking for Panther OS X.3 CD's at eBay and such.

Specs:
    powerbook G3 400 mghz
    unsure
    Harryb......I appreciate all the help I can get....... I just thought that the O S was what shows up on the screen....welcome to mac O S 9.2....is that the X.0? I certainly don't know...and one more question....I have the install for a power macintosh g3...............is that the same thing????..I really thank you for all of your help! ..I need it...

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB Flash Storage, 3.3Ghz, 16GB memory, OS X.11.5.
    No terry grey coloured system restore discs are extremely model specific. You really do need an install disc to rest the password. Suggest looking for Panther OS X.3 and install that on your G3 with an erase and cleaqn install.

Make sure you purchase the black discs which are known as the full retail version. Also have a look at this link:-

Mac OS X: Changing or resetting an account password

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by terrysweet View Post
    Harryb......I appreciate all the help I can get....... I just thought that the O S was what shows up on the screen....welcome to mac O S 9.2....is that the X.0?
    The 'X' in OS X stands for roman numeral '10'. So, OS X means OS 10. Subsequent versions had "nicknames", for example, OS X 10.5 is nicknamed "Leopard".

You happen to be using an operating system that predated OS X, it is in fact OS 9.2, which is obsolete - that operating system is nearly 8 years old.

If you intend to use the computer to run modern software (and that might be difficult, considering the age of the machine), you should invest in OS X 10.4 (Tiger), which is the newest version of OS X your machine will support. You may have to upgrade the memory to 512MB (at a minimum), however.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    powerbook G3 400 mghz
    I thank all of you for trying to help me with my problem.........Sounds like I have a really old machine and need to look 4 something alot better though....Once again THANKS!!

Thread Information