New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook Pro - Clearing Boot Camp Partition + Fresh Install Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrbubonic

mrbubonic is on a distinguished road

Hey guys.

My macbook pro has a partition with Windows XP. I only use the partition to play the Sims 2, but since the new one is coming out on February 20th, I want to clear everything and reinstall the operating system because I have a lot of junk.

In fact, I tried parrallels once and didn't like it so I uninstalled it and now everytime I boot up boot camp and select the Windows hard drive, it comes up with "which OS to boot?"

"Windows XP (Parrallels configuration)
Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Professional (Tuneup backup)"

The last one was added when I installed Tuneup, but I uninstalled it and its still there.

Now whenever I try to go into the "Windows XP Professional" OS it just reboots my computer automatically. So I just want to clear everything on that side and reinstall XP so I can play the sims 3.

I would have my friend help me (hes the one who set up windows xp for me), but I moved away and I haven't talked to him in ages.

So I have no clue what to do now. Any help in the right direction would really be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Open Boot Camp Assistant in Applications => Utilities. Have it restore your computer to a single partition. Then, create a new one using Boot Camp Assistant and follow the instructions.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
mrbubonic

mrbubonic is on a distinguished road

I thought so. I was just poking around and saw that. Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Custom Folder / Finder problem | Reset Mac to an earlier date? »