New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

'Burning' Question...(sorry for the pun)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DakRoland

DakRoland is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 1.83Ghz Core Duo, 120Gb HD, 2Gb Ram, OS 10.4.11/PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, 500Gb HD

I finally got my PowerMac Dual 1.8Ghz G5 at work. They've now given me the task of burning our setup cds on the G5, but here's the problem...I need to burn hundreds of copies of this CD, and constantly using the Finder to burn disk after disk, naming each one, dragging the files over, clicking Burn each time, is tedious and time consuming. I need to know if there's a simple way to start burning the CDs and only have it prompt me for new disks. I don't think the company will spring for a copy of Roxio Toast, and any of the Shareware or Freeware burning apps are either feature limited, time limited, burn limited, or completely unusable for my task. Does anyone have a simple way to setup something like this?

Home to the Trading Card Archive, Movie Sticker Archive, The Workbench and More!

The very existance of the flamethrower proves that somewhere, at some time, someone thought, "You know, I'd really like to light those people over there on fire... but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakRoland
I finally got my PowerMac Dual 1.8Ghz G5 at work. They've now given me the task of burning our setup cds on the G5, but here's the problem...I need to burn hundreds of copies of this CD, and constantly using the Finder to burn disk after disk, naming each one, dragging the files over, clicking Burn each time, is tedious and time consuming. I need to know if there's a simple way to start burning the CDs and only have it prompt me for new disks. I don't think the company will spring for a copy of Roxio Toast, and any of the Shareware or Freeware burning apps are either feature limited, time limited, burn limited, or completely unusable for my task. Does anyone have a simple way to setup something like this?
Ya, but it will cost you about $30, will your cheapskate company pay for it? Called Mac Burn, burns multiple disks does iso's etc...
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I think disk utility might be able to burn multiple copies of 1 disc.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Take one of the completed disks and put it in the computer.

Open up disk utility (Appliciation -> utilities)

Go to Images -> New Image
and click from the CD that shows up in the menue there

You can now just click that image that will be mounted in disk utility and click burn

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
DakRoland

DakRoland is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 1.83Ghz Core Duo, 120Gb HD, 2Gb Ram, OS 10.4.11/PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, 500Gb HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Take one of the completed disks and put it in the computer.

Open up disk utility (Appliciation -> utilities)

Go to Images -> New Image
and click from the CD that shows up in the menue there

You can now just click that image that will be mounted in disk utility and click burn
Thank you Macman and trpnmonkey41, that is the best bet so far. Preferrably, I'd like it just to burn the disc, eject it and ask for a new disc, and not have me click anything unless I want to stop burning discs..but I'm glad this is much better than my last method.

James, my company is not a 'cheapskate company' by any measure. We are a small ISP servicing around 7000 customers. We don't have tons of money to spend, and yes, I understand that $30 isn't much. But since I love this company as much as anyone who works here, we try our hardest to save every penny we can. If I can make what I have work without having to buy more for it, all the better. It was great as it was that they purchased me the Mac G5 to begin with. This one machine has replaced 4 others, and added support for a growing segment of OS X users in our area. This was a purchase they wanted to make for over 6 months. They finally did and I'm very excited about it.

Home to the Trading Card Archive, Movie Sticker Archive, The Workbench and More!

The very existance of the flamethrower proves that somewhere, at some time, someone thought, "You know, I'd really like to light those people over there on fire... but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DVD and CSS | Trouble saving to Netware volume »