New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook - New MacBook...running slow...!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

krewelement394

krewelement394 is on a distinguished road

Yes what the title says is bassically what i need help on...

i don't understand why my new macbook is running slow ...! im the only one who uses it so there is no extra accounts....

processor: 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo

memory: 2gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram

and i still have 82.76 GB on my hard drive...! plus i have an external drive a 500GB external drive where i keep al of my pictures and music i do have a little bit of music and pictures on my macbook itself but most of it is in the external drive...! my macbook started acting slow about 1 month ago and i just got it in june of 08 so i do not ven have a year with it...!

why is my mac running sloww...?

here is how it is running slow when i open safari and i create a new tab it loads up for a bout 10 secs. and when i switch tabs it takes about 5 secs. some times when i open up a program it takes a while when it didnt even used to!

hmm what a pain! i thought it was b.c i had to many programs but i still have a whole bunch of memory! my windows xp desktop is 5 years old and i have it loaded with programs it still goes pretty fast not as fast as my macbook but for it's age it still loads fast!

-K.E

thanks...:]
QUOTE Thanks
Strukt

Strukt will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB

Sounds bad that your computer is so slow. But there are a few things you could do. You could open Activity Monitor and check if you have some application there taking up a lot of system resources. Maybe you can find the problem there.

If that doesnt work you could try and download Onyx, and run the maintenance scripts there. Get onyx here: Titanium Software

Hope this helps! Good luck

My Blog: Apple Laptops
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari History | Business software »