New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Im in Login **** Guest account has assumed my identiity Experts Please Read

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

robertgarven

robertgarven is on a distinguished road

All,

I though solved my problem by turning off the fast switch login preference. But here is my problem. I think it goes all the way back to when I loaded 10.5, I of course loaded it the first day it was released and I could not login to the computer at all. I am not sure what the fix was but I think I had to create some new type of admin account. Anyway here goes

Yesterday I pressed a button and some how enabled fast user change (which I never knew was activated) into the guest account where I got a blue screen which would not let me get out of so I restarted the machine, logged in to my admin account. I arrived at a desktop which had lost all my stuff whicht what I think now was a guest desktop.

I logged out and back in no change

Open preferences and disabled the guest account and the fast user switching... no change when I logged back in as admin still at guest desktop

Rebooted from OS 10.5 disc repaired disc, repaired permissions everything fine. Rebooted logged in as admin still at guest desktop

Rebooted from Tech Tool 4 ran all the reports everything is fine, directories fine, files fine. So I think there is something to do with the log in account???

I restored my whole system 5 hours (twice now)

I log on as myself and everything is normal. As a test I tried to log in to the user account which was enabled and after a long blue screen I was taken to a guest (no files etc) desk top. I log out and log in as the admin account and end up at the guest account desktop. I can never get back to my admin desktop with all my files etc.. I have 3 accounts 1 guest (which you can disable but not get rid of) my admin account, and one for my wife who has never used it and where I am now.

I have tried about every combination of preference user account preferences to no avail!

I am now sure I am having a user account login problem but cannot think of a solution.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Rob

Robert Garven - Ventura, CA
Apple Imac 27" - 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - 10.6.7 Snow Leopard
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Machine...? | Quick Question? »