New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - need help installing system update 10.5.5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mgsfan18

mgsfan18 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation

I have dial up internet and spent 28 hours downloading the system update only to have it stop installing at "configuring installation" I left the screen on for 8 hours but it never went up any. anyone know how to fix this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
macscanfly

macscanfly is on a distinguished road

its an update i never updated and my mac is 10.5.5 leopard

my Mac can fly
QUOTE Thanks
mgsfan18

Mac Specs: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation

yeah because mine is 10.5.4 and I clicked on the apple and selected software update
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

I am not sure, but if you have a dial-up connection, you should probably download the update file separately from Apple rather than using the updater. You will then at least know that the installation will run ok once the download has been finalised.
QUOTE Thanks
mgsfan18

when downloading from apple can you pause the download? because its annoying having to keep it on for 28 hours straight without using the phone ....... Well I just checked apples website and the download is even larger then on the system update so I was wondering if I download it from a PC then put it on a flash drive then put it on my mac will it work?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsfan18 View Post
when downloading from apple can you pause the download? because its annoying having to keep it on for 28 hours straight without using the phone ....... Well I just checked apples website and the download is even larger then on the system update so I was wondering if I download it from a PC then put it on a flash drive then put it on my mac will it work?
Yes, it should work provided you download the complete update from Apple. If all you have is dial up and you have access to a PC with a broadband connection, then by all means do it that way. BTW, since all you have is dial up you really should use a download manager.

Here's one but there are also more you can search for:

iGetter Download Manager

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
mgsfan18

omg thank you so much I searched google for something like this but I couldn't find anything
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

If there is an Apple store in your area, check and see if they will let you burn a CD/DVD of the Mac OS X 10.5.5 Combo Update

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
mgsfan18

thank you I got the download at a friends house and brought it over to my Mac and there is a apple store about 5 mins down the road thanks for the tip never thought of that
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X Serial Numbers | Icons Thumbnail Not Showing »