New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Please help me with THIS OSX ISSUE

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

daudi

I have PBG3 OS9.2.2 and just got OSX 10.3 but after i moved some stuff from system folder OS9 into system folder OSX i lost all my settings and I could find my documents just in one subfolder "users" in system OS9. Than i tried to copy it everything back, so I took all stuff from "Library"folder from my "users" folder and copied it into "Library" in "system X" folder.Then i restarted but it doesnt show my "powerbook" folder on my desctop and starting NEVER stops. If i try to get into any folder, it just opens it/or not even that/ but rainbow is STILL TURNING adn TURNING. i can log into OSX with my name but thats all. THANKS SOOOOO MUCH
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

You probably need to reinstall both systems. Then leave things alone! There is no need to put 9.2 things into the X system folder. It is a whole different type of system.

I suggest you get yourself a book on OS X.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

it appears that you corrupted your system by moving things from the user library folder to the system library folder. Like cradom, suggested you should do a re-install. I suggest a clean install.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
phatsew

Yeah, then after the clean install, don't think that OSX acts the same with it's folder hierarchy as OS9. Different animal completely. Get yourself the "OSX Bible", those bible books are good for migrators.
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Another great book for OS X newbies is "Mac OS X: The missing manual" from O'Reilly...
Very detailed, but easy to read. Not the typical technical language of this kind of books.
QUOTE Thanks
daudi

Thank you very much, not very happy but i know at least. I will reinstall it. Anyway, does someone know if on MAC is some similar funktion like on WINDOWS, thats u start in DOS and write regedit..and your comp starts up from yesterday or other spicified date?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac 233 wont start up | Evaluation software »