New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Keychain not found

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Skid_o

Skid_o is on a distinguished road

I have a Imac 1 year old. I just installed microsoft office 2008 on it. Now i get this message every time i open safari and surf for a while.
Keychain not Found
A keychain cannot be found to store "Safari"
i have two choices.
"cancel" or "restore to default"
When i hit cancel safari runs for a while and then the message comes back. if i choose restore i have to enter my password then safari runs for a while and the mesage goes back. Any idea or help. Plus I have these wierd sound coming from from the speaker. It is a single tone like "DOM" and it repeats all the time. I tmake snoise when safari is running. do not know if it make noise when other programs are running. Any ideas on how to get rid of mesaage and sound besides removing office.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
pjhutch

pjhutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You need to delete your corrupt login.keychain file which is in ~\Library\Keychains. Then when you need to use it, the application will create a new one for you.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Before you go deleting anything try repairing your Keychain - it has worked for me.

It's found in:

Keychain Access - Keychain First Aid

And if you store as much in there as I do, at least get yourself a cheap flash drive to back it up if nothing else.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Skid_o

Skid_o is on a distinguished road

Thanks
I tried the repair and nothing changed.
I ran the ONYX program and it fixed my Safari.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Right Click on Alias? | Worth Upgrading? »