New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - automator or applescript : filling out a form in an app

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

formatc1702

formatc1702 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" C2D 2.2Ghz SR 2GB RAM 128MB VRAM 120GB HDD

hi!

i have a problem. my turbocad pro v2 for mac has a bug which requires me to type in the serial number and activation code every time i want to use it. this is extremely annoying, but the company (IMSI design) doesn't seem to respond to the problem.

so i want to create a script that will launch turbo cad, and then fill out the activation form automatically.

i tried using automator (using watch me do), but it will type the text only as fast as i did, and that sucks
any way to speed it up?

or could i write an applescript to do it? i have never used applescript, so i would need your help on this one.
basically it would be, start the app and then fill out four consecutive text fields (name,company,serial,activation code) and press OK.

i hope someone can help me with this!

ps: i haven't used the app much lately, but it looks like the problem arose since i installed leopard over the previous tiger version.... who knows.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help needed with system removal, migration | safari not functioning properly... »