Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    etorres769
    Guest
    Unhappy Lost Mac 9.0 Software
    My uncle uses Macs and he misplaced his 9.0 software for Macs and just recently got a G5 iMac. He needs the software because a lot of his programs run on the older mac version. Is there anyway I can get the software somewhere for free? I'm sorry I don't know macs, I am getting his old G4 though, so you'll se me here more often. Please help me, and thanks!

    Eddie

  2. #2
    Lost Mac 9.0 Software

    Member Since
    Jul 22, 2003
    Location
    Hamilton College
    Posts
    6,999
    Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    You can install Classic support (OS 9) off of the second OS X install disc that came with his G5 iMac
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

  3. #3
    etorres769
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
    You can install Classic support (OS 9) off of the second OS X install disc that came with his G5 iMac
    Could you please give me instructions on how to do so because I'm Mac illeterate. So a comes with a CD and I search for Classic?

  4. #4
    Lost Mac 9.0 Software
    Macman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 30, 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,374
    Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    the g5 imac shouldve come with a disc called software restore, or something similiar, openit and there should be an installer that say install classic support.

  5. #5
    Lost Mac 9.0 Software
    MACyMouse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 25, 2004
    Location
    Australia (American born)
    Posts
    712
    Specs:
    MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
    To continue on with this question....
    I bought an ibook from someone who had 9 installed but I wiped it out to do a clean install because I didn't want all of her junk that she had. So from the clean install it didn't REinstall 9.
    Is there a way I can reinstall 9? I tried with an original 9 CD and it didn't work but from the posts above it looks like I need the osx cd, correct? (which I have).

  6. #6
    etorres769
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Macman
    the g5 imac shouldve come with a disc called software restore, or something similiar, openit and there should be an installer that say install classic support.
    Thanks MacMan, i'm going over on Friday and see if we can install some stuff. I really appreciate it and i'll be on here more often because I don't know anything about Macs (i've used Windows all my life). Thanks again.

  7. #7
    phatsew
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MACyMouse
    To continue on with this question....
    I bought an ibook from someone who had 9 installed but I wiped it out to do a clean install because I didn't want all of her junk that she had. So from the clean install it didn't REinstall 9.
    Is there a way I can reinstall 9? I tried with an original 9 CD and it didn't work but from the posts above it looks like I need the osx cd, correct? (which I have).
    If you have a full version of OS9, and you don't want OSX installed, you don't have to install it. You can install just OS9. Put the CD in the drive, hold the C key as you boot, and you'll get the original OS9 install desktop. There you can partition and install OS9.

  8. #8
    Lost Mac 9.0 Software
    MACyMouse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 25, 2004
    Location
    Australia (American born)
    Posts
    712
    Specs:
    MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
    Maybe I didn't explain that right.
    I have OSX 10.3.7 but I want to add 9 to it. The ibook originally HAD 9 and 10 installed but I did a clean install of just 10.
    Does the CD's that came with this iBook have 9 to put back on it? Or do I need an original os9 CD?
    I had tried to install 9 after 10 with a 9 CD but it didn't work.

  9. #9
    Wapa18
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by phatsew
    If you have a full version of OS9, and you don't want OSX installed, you don't have to install it. You can install just OS9. Put the CD in the drive, hold the C key as you boot, and you'll get the original OS9 install desktop. There you can partition and install OS9.
    not true. if he's trying to install it on an imac G5, it won't work. the G5 chip does not support booting into OS9, because OS9 does not have support for the G5 written in it, just the classic environment.

  10. #10
    phatsew
    Guest
    I thought it was a G3 iBook? He said it had OS9 on it originally.

  11. #11
    funky
    Guest
    MACymouse, the following would do what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macman
    the g5 imac shouldve come with a disc called software restore, or something similiar, openit and there should be an installer that say install classic support.

  12. #12
    Lost Mac 9.0 Software
    MACyMouse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 25, 2004
    Location
    Australia (American born)
    Posts
    712
    Specs:
    MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
    I have an iBook G3 and yes, I found the software restore with os9 on it. That worked just fine.

  13. #13
    knightrdr
    Guest
    Os 9
    Quote Originally Posted by etorres769
    My uncle uses Macs and he misplaced his 9.0 software for Macs and just recently got a G5 iMac. He needs the software because a lot of his programs run on the older mac version. Is there anyway I can get the software somewhere for free? I'm sorry I don't know macs, I am getting his old G4 though, so you'll se me here more often. Please help me, and thanks!

    Eddie
    I have an OS 9 CD if you still need it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lost iTunes. Need software 10.4 operating system
    By Runkle in forum iPod Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 03:35 AM
  2. Lost Software?
    By iJonny in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 04:00 PM
  3. software transfer tiger to leopard- lost dvds!
    By needles102 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 06:26 PM
  4. Lost Posts and Software Upgrade
    By schweb in forum News and Community Announcements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •