New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - OS X Re-Install Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sillyshan

sillyshan is on a distinguished road

Hi there! I'm hoping someone can help me. The other night I turned on my Macbook Pro and it kept booting back to the password screen. I could log in and then within 20sec-1min it would reload back to the password screen. I took it to the genius bar and they said I needed to reinstall OS. So I came home to do so, following the instructions he gave me.

He said it would take about 45 minutes so I came back later. The screen was blank and grey and I could not access anything. I held down the power button and came back on to the installation screen but am not able to reinstall at all. If I boot up without the CD I get a blank screen with a folder flashing a white question mark. Can anyone help??

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

Are you holding the "c" while booting?

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where is 'Previous Systems' folder? | Optical Output stopped working »