New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - How to save the size of a window??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stevenf99

stevenf99 is on a distinguished road

I Just bought my new 15" macbook pro, my first mac, after being a pc user for 10 years!, and something that is kind of bothering me is that the windows never remain the size, when i resize one to fit all the text. It always goes back to a smaller window when I close, and re-open it. Anyone know how I can keep it the same size? Thanks
-Steven.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Hold down the option key while resizing the window.

In Finder, default window sizes can vary by folder. To change the default size, open the Finder to the default folder which first opens when you open the Finder (usually your user folder). Resize this folder using the option key, and close it. Clicking the Finder dock icon should now open to the new default size.

There are a couple other ways to access other folders in the Finder without it opening your user folder first (i.e. clicking the HD icon on the desktop). As you find these, you will need to resize them manually, but there are only a couple. And they will only need to be set once using this method.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Finder restarts itself repeatedly after booting | Bluetoot, Wifi, and Windows »