New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Question on TM Backup

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kitjv

kitjv is on a distinguished road

I just completed my initial TM backup on an external HD. When I attempt to open an application on the external HD, I get the following error message: "An unexpected error occurred (error code - 10657)". This seems to be the case with all applications. However, I can open documents just fine.

Can someone please help? Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
probo2005

probo2005 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac V10.5.6 2.66GHZ

I am having the same problem with this error code 10657 but its only in iPhoto all other programs sem to be functioning ok but like you I can't back up via Time Machine and I am not having any success with anyone who can help, not even apple support!!!! So much for Macs not crashing (lol) please let me know if anyone replies to your post and I will do the same for you, Thanks Probo
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

IF you google( error code 10657 on a mac) there is a different solution for both
kitty and probo.
QUOTE Thanks
kisuke3

kisuke3 is on a distinguished road

Everytime time machine backups a data into our external HD it saves it into a format that only Time machine can read. So if you enter Time machine and click on an application it will open however if you do it manually and went straight ahead to your backup file and opened a file or the app from there it is most likely that you will encounter this error.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Blue Screen of Death [unable to login] | SMB Sharing: shares entire hard drive? »