New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Transferring Music/Photos user to user

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Benoit Trow

Benoit Trow is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, MacBook, Time Capsule & PowerBook G4

On the same MacBook, how do you transfer iTunes & iPhotos from one user to another?

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I wa unable to find it!

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
dadsgravy

dadsgravy has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4

Open finder>click on the hard drive icon>select the users folder>then select the user you want to move the files to>right click on that folder and select get info>under sharing&permissions should be a list of users. Add yourself if you're not on the list>make sure the privileges allow you to read and right to the file> There will be a little gear next to the + - buttons> click that and select apply to enclosed items. This will allow you to drag and drop any files from your user to any folders of the other user.

Or if you want a simple solution, just drag and drop the files you want to move into the folder that says public>drop box. But this has limitations and sometimes requires a password and admin privileges to move files around.

Hope that helped and wasn't too confusing.
QUOTE Thanks
Benoit Trow

All I want to do is move my iTunes and iPhotos from user A to user B on the same MacBook. This is the best description I've found: iTunes for Mac: Moving your iTunes Music folder

It does not, however, help me with the final step. How do I now get that file of music into the other/new iTunes?

For the love of God, please help!!!!!!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Santino

Santino is on a distinguished road

Myabe you should check back your previous thread?

Transferring Music/Photos user to user

Intel iMac 24" 2.8Ghz / 4gb
PowerBook G4 12" 1.33Ghz / 1.25gb
2Gb Black iPod Nano 1G
Canon 30D, recently inherited!
QUOTE Thanks
Benoit Trow

Sorry, I should have referenced this, AND, again, I am an idiot. Or, at least, I feel like one in this instance!

Open finder>click on the hard drive icon>select the users folder>then select the user you want to move the files to> right click How do you right-click on a Mac?

on that folder and select get info>under sharing&permissions should be a list of users. Add yourself if you're not on the list>make sure the privileges allow you to read and right to the file> There will be a little gear next to the + - buttons> click that and select apply to enclosed items. This will allow you to drag and drop any files from your user to any folders of the other user.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit Trow View Post
Sorry, I should have referenced this, AND, again, I am an idiot. Or, at least, I feel like one in this instance!

Open finder>click on the hard drive icon>select the users folder>then select the user you want to move the files to> right click How do you right-click on a Mac?
There are a number of ways. If you have a notebook, you can enable "two finger tapping" for right-click in System Preferences => Keyboard & Mouse => TrackPad tab.

If you have a Mighty Mouse, hold the left button with your left finger, then tap to the right of the scroll ball to right-click.

On all Macs, you can hold the Control key and left click.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Mod's note: Threads merged.
QUOTE Thanks
dadsgravy

dadsgravy has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4

Regardless of what is said and done in the world, you're going to have to put forth some effort and gain knowledge. I hope you have or are solving your problem. But maybe you need to learn how things work under OS X. It's not fun I know, but with just an hour of effort, you'll be a mac genius. This is how I started:

Apple - Support - Switch 101

Good luck and I promise, once you get it down, OS X is fantastic and very easy to use. It's just different.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen dims when clicking scroll wheel | troubles installing the leopard. »