Arrow Change desktop Background problem
    Hello fellow mac members,
    I have over 40000 photos stored in iPhoto and I was using them with the "Change desktop Background..." to change the desktop back every 15 minutes with a new photo.

I got a new disk, moved the whole photo folder to the new disks, I deleted and import again in iPhoto the photos folder but now I CAN NOT change the background. When I choose an album the thumbnails appear correctly but when I click on a photo I get a solid color background. BUT FROM SCREEN SAVER THE PHOTOS ARE OK, they APPEAR AS SCREEN SAVER if turned on.

I said ok, I copy back all the photos folder to the old place also to have backup.. I did a copy of the folder back to the SAME location on the SAME hard disk (my iMac's internal hdd) , I deleted the photos/albums in iPhoto and imported again from the old location all the photos back to iPhoto.

BUT THE Change Desktop problem still exists..!!! Now I have all the photos back to the same place but for an unknown reason CHANGE DESKTOP loads the library, displays the thumbnails etc but DOES NOT set the photo I choose as background.

PLEASE ANY IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS ??

I uploaded a screen capture,see,when i click on photo from iphoto library all i get is a blue solid background,but I MOVED THE PHOTOS BACK, why??

http://www.koupoukis.gr/wp-content/u...top-change.png

Specs:
    Mac OS 10.5.7
    Quote Originally Posted by moschos View Post
    Hello fellow mac members,
    I have over 40000 photos stored in iPhoto and I was using them with the "Change desktop Background..." to change the desktop back every 15 minutes with a new photo.

I got a new disk, moved the whole photo folder to the new disks, I deleted and import again in iPhoto the photos folder but now I CAN NOT change the background. When I choose an album the thumbnails appear correctly but when I click on a photo I get a solid color background. BUT FROM SCREEN SAVER THE PHOTOS ARE OK, they APPEAR AS SCREEN SAVER if turned on.

I said ok, I copy back all the photos folder to the old place also to have backup.. I did a copy of the folder back to the SAME location on the SAME hard disk (my iMac's internal hdd) , I deleted the photos/albums in iPhoto and imported again from the old location all the photos back to iPhoto.

BUT THE Change Desktop problem still exists..!!! Now I have all the photos back to the same place but for an unknown reason CHANGE DESKTOP loads the library, displays the thumbnails etc but DOES NOT set the photo I choose as background.

PLEASE ANY IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS ??

I uploaded a screen capture,see,when i click on photo from iphoto library all i get is a blue solid background,but I MOVED THE PHOTOS BACK, why??

http://www.koupoukis.gr/wp-content/u...top-change.png
    Did you ever get an answer to your iPhoto problem? I have a similar problem with my iPhoto photographs - my photos in some folders I can set as my desktop background, while those in other folders always default to the Apple purple cosmos. I can't figure this out, and neither can Apple support!

Can't Change Desktop Background
    I have a similar problem on 1.5.8 where my kids changed the desktop background but i can't change it back. I select another image, set to rotation thru my albums, but no luck. This is very frustrating.

- Tony

Thread Information