Angry OSX Reinstall from a Linux Install.
    I wanted to try Debian on my macbook thru a friends persuasion and come to find out that the Debian install erases the ENTIRE drive. Heres my issue.

I now have a Macbook, with Debian on it. I wanted to re-install Leopard. I just moved and came to find out that the moving company never took my box of CD's with them on the truck. BUT WAIT! I made an img (dmg I beleive) of the cd first as I do with all my important cd's incase of damage. YAY! no.

Debian will not read the img.

And to make matters worse, the Macbook is the only PC I have that will burn a DVD+R D/L. =(

I need some help trying to get this to work. Am I just A--ed out? I have heard of installing thru an Ipod, which I have a 30g one laying around, but the instructions say that I need to make it possible thru OSX First. ughh.

As of right now, the poor Macbook just sits there collecting dust.

The Republic of Neptune
    Well... wherever your box of CDs is at... have them shipped to you. Problem solved.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Captain Obvious strikes again.

I wish it were that simple.

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Either have them shipped or buy a new copy of the OS. Since you will not be able to use the image copy you made, because the image copy is not bootable.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

ok, that makes more sence, thanks, Ill have to visit the local Apple store. Thanks.

Thread Information