New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Web pages in Safari -- can't access some menus

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Straitsfan

Straitsfan is on a distinguished road

Have this problem in Safari -- on some pages, the menu links are on top of each other. I wanted to find out about some employment opportunities on a web site, so I placed the pointer over 'about' and a menu appeared, and as I moved the pointer down towards 'employment', the menu disappeared and opened up the menu for the link 'family life' (it's a diocesan website ) and its various choices. If I open up the page in Windows (I'm running boot camp) I don't have that problem -- All the menu links are side by side and aren't on top of each other. Can anyone tell me what's going on and how I can fix this in Safari? I have OSX Leopard with the latest update, so I think it's 10.5.2 or .3
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You can't "fix" it. The webmaster who created the page more than likely created it for Internet Explorer. You can try using Firefox 3 for OS X. Firefox has a plug in which can emulate IE for those troublesome pages which work with IE only.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Straitsfan

Straitsfan is on a distinguished road

Can you tell me where/how to find and use/activate the plugin? I have Firefox 3.0.3
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Go here to download the add on "IE View":

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/35

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook G4 wont boot past apple logo and spinning gear | Help!-- My Lost everything on my desktop »