New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Spaces- Applications Are Closed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Deborahleighkim

Deborahleighkim is on a distinguished road

I Dont think I properly explained my problem last time,
I have a leopard 10.5
I have enabled spaces and can move through them with the control button and arrows..I
have 2 enabled spaces right now
I can open any of the applications on the doc but iTUNES. It opens but the main thing doesn't open, like the program with the names of the songs. I have tried th eF8 thing but nothing shows..I NEED help
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Does iTunes launch OK without spaces enabled?

Have you tried allocatting a particular 'space' for iTunes to open in using the Expose & Spaces System Preferences Panel?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Deborahleighkim

yes! it does the same thing with spaces enabled or when it isn't enabled. I also created a guest account and opened itunes with that and it opened properly..It is only on the admin account with spaces enabled or not...that it wont show up. It opens and is open at the top but it doesnt show my songs or the main itunes pag
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so at least we know that spaces is nothing to do with the problem.

As a starting point I'd suggest deleting the plist file:
/Users/<yourusername>/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist

Then repairing permission from Disk Utility

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Deborahleighkim

how do you "repair permission from disk utility" ?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Open Disk Utility (spotlight search for it or look in your Applications folder).

Click on your Mac Harddisk on the list in the left pane. Click the First Aid 'tab'. At the bottom of the First Aid pane you'll see a Repair Disk Permissions button. Click it and let it do it's thing.

QUOTE Thanks
Deborahleighkim

i did everything you said! but it didnt change anything!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

How about a re-install of iTunes?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Strange Mail Problem (Emails are all black) | How to lock computer? »