New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook - Problem with Keychain Password?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chris Zachary

Chris Zachary is on a distinguished road

Okay, I have a problem here. I'm going to try and explain it as best as possible, without confusing anyone. But to be honest, I really have no idea what is happening, so here goes.

Whenever I try to access certain websites, try to upload photos, download anything, log in to a account, etc. I get a prompt pop up saying the following: " Safari wants you use your "login" Keychain. Please enter your keychain password."

Now I would assume this password would be the same as my Admin Password. But for some reason it isn't. And I can't figure out how to change it. I've tried numerous help topics, but to no avail, I cannot seem to change it.

I went into my keychain access utility, but It won't let me change the password without the the current password (which I have no idea what it could be, but it's got to be a default password, because I've tried any password that I would have used)

Please help me anyone, I hope I explained the situation throughly to avoid confusion.

Thanks
Chris
QUOTE Thanks
Chris Zachary

Chris Zachary is on a distinguished road

Please Help!!!! I can't find anything about this issue in support!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« security update 2008-007 | command + shift + 4 > take a picture folder? »