New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Unable to open mail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nixx6

nixx6 is on a distinguished road

i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but i'm going to do it anyway cause i'm desperate.

basically, i can't open any mails in my inbox in hotmail. i click my mail and nothing happens. my mac has a partitioned hard drive, i have tried opening mails on both browsers mozilla and safari on mac and on internet explorer on the windows side and i get the same result. is this a javascript problem? do i have a virus? if so, how can i get rid of it?

help please.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If you can't open any of your mail messages that reside in the Hotmail In Box when using OS X or Windows, it could be the account is shut down.

Can you send mail through Hotmail? Can you read stored messages? You might also try contacting their support and find out if your account is still active.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Skulls

Skulls is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Hey I have the same problem, I've been using hotmail since 1998. And I've been a mac user for the last 9 years. Never had a problem till a few days ago. I can open my hotmail account and can click on inbox but when I try to open any specific email, it freezes and does nothing - and then nothing happens when I try to click on other folders. There's nothing wrong with my hotmail account - it is still active and works fine on my work PC!

I'm sure I'm not the only one - this only started a few days ago. My current Mac is less a year old and nothing's wrong with it. Same reaction in Firefox too.

Anyone able to help?
Cheers
Skulls
QUOTE Thanks
nitepolaris

nitepolaris is on a distinguished road

hi,

i'm having the same problems too. For the past few days i'm unable to open or delete any mails in the inbox... however i'm able to open my draft mails though...

any helps will be much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Have a look at the last two posts for links:-

Apple - Support - Discussions - How do I get my Hotmail with Leopard ...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Won't boot up | Question »