Los Angeles
    Mac Pro 3.2ghz/4TB/16GBram - Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz Intel 2 duo core/4GBram/750GB
    Unlocking the accounts
    Hey all, I'm trying to simple edit my MP3's in iTunes on my Mac Book Pro, and I can't. No issues with my Mac Pro tower of course. Both comps on 10.5.5. So I decided to move the Mp3 folder around to see if I can edit it outside my personal folder and it won't. I unlocked everything I could find but still I can't edit MP3's?

I actually went to local Apple store and set up an appointment with a Genius, but his answer was to reformat the entire comp and start over, or make a new account with all the same settings, then erase the old one. I don't believe that genius was the answer. HELP! Any suggestions you guys?

The Republic of Neptune
    Are they really mp3 files, or do you mean the protected m4a (AAC) files bought off iTunes Music Store? How are you trying to edit them? What software?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information