New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Strange screen images + iPhoto screwed up?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kayeight

Kayeight is on a distinguished road

I've had my MacBook Pro since June, and just recently it started doing all sorts of weird things. First, pink and green pixellated squigglies appear all over the screen (here's a screenshot) in Safari. Then, when I go into iPhoto, I can see all the photos fine from the events view, but if I go into an album and try to view just one photo, it's totally black. Finally, Photoshop has started constantly freezing up and showing the pixellated things again, only to unfreeze after a minute or so. Which is really inconvenient when I'm using the eraser!

I don't know if these are necessarily connected, but they all started happening at the same time. As a relative computer dummy the only thing I know to do is restart, but that hasn't worked. Please help, the latch on my computer is already broken and I don't need anything else to go wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
deviantv1ral

deviantv1ral is on a distinguished road

did this happen since the 10.5.5 update?
QUOTE Thanks
Kayeight

Kayeight is on a distinguished road

I did run software update recently, and before that everything was fine, so I guess so. I don't suppose there's any way to undo that update?
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

You might try running the Combo update from the Apple Website. Sometimes the combo update will fix random things.

Mary
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is there a simple way to lower the startup chime volume ? | Strange graphical glitch in Dock. »