New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Wireless Problems in 10.5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

33AndAThird

33AndAThird is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I have a rather annoying problem. Unfortunately I think there is some sort of wireless interference in my area because I have to be quite close to my router to get a reasonable signal, and every now and then, it will drop out.

Every time it drops out, it reconnects again (I can see the little wireless bars in the menu bar), but every time I try to load a web page in Safari I get a
"cannot connect to http://.... because your computer isn’t connected to the Internet" error.

The only way I can get it to work again is by turning airport off and on again through the menu bar.

I am running 10.5.5 on a MacBook Pro but this has been happening since I bought it and was running 10.5.0

Any ideas on how to get it to realise I am reconnected and internet is once again available?

Thanks very much.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« File name truncation | Macs Are Easily Hackable?!??!? Wha...?! »