New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - set mini mac to always go to sleep at midnight?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

halfasleeps

halfasleeps is on a distinguished road

I have a mini-mac that is used as the in-store video server to play videos all day on the tv screens in our stores.

The sales associates keep forgetting to turn it off at night when they go home, so it continues to loop video all night which I am afraid could be bad.

So I am wondering if there is a way to just set it to go to sleep at a certain time like midnight when the store will for sure be closed?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
iLaugh

iLaugh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 | OS X 10.4.9 | 667 MHz PowerPC G4 | 768 MB SDRAM | ...Keeping it real.... REAL OLD!!!

Go to "system preferences", select "show details", then go to "schedule". From there you can choose wether to start the computer up, or shut it down everyday at a certain time.

Don't Just "Think Different"....... BE DIFFERENT

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't
QUOTE Thanks
halfasleeps

halfasleeps is on a distinguished road

Thank you!....also I like you binary signature lol.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« -36 error when connecting to server | Installing Tiger rules on an older machine »