New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - .NET on OSX?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eddielee

eddielee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4

I keep googleing this but just get information on virtual machines and hacks to get it to work. But what I want to know is are there any plans for the .net frame work to OFFICIALLY work on mac? Before I moved to mac I did a lot of my development in ASP.net and C#.net. I'd like to be able to do this on my mac and was just wounding if there was ever going to be an official way.

BTW apple don't make software development easy do they lol

Thanks, Eddie
Software Engineering Student, NTU
QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

Not as far as I know. There is an open-source project named Mono, but the last I looked, there were some issues (it's been awhile, though).
QUOTE Thanks
eddielee

no I don't really like the look of that. I think I'll just have to have XP install on here as well, whats the best virtual machine software for OSX? It dosnt have to be free, I'd use bootcamp but I don't want to reboot all the time.

Thanks, Eddie
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Apple incorporating a Microsoft programming language into OS X? You're not serious are you? Good luck with .NET Frame.... IMO, it's bloatware that should be put out of its misery.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
eddielee

Originally .Net was going to become cross platform but people moaned that it would kill of java. Great things have been done with the .net framework, and most large corporations run off it or at least use it in some way. I think apple would get more users if .net ran on it, I know lots of people that won't more for lack of ASP.NET support.

Thanks, Eddie
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Am I installing correctly? | OS X Leopard Reload Problems »