New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Customizing folder view problem...!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

capoeira4u

capoeira4u is on a distinguished road

Hi I have a similar question about customizing folder view. How do I customize the view just for a particular folder and all the sub-folders inside without affecting other folders outside.

eg. I want my Picture folder and all sub-folders to have cover flow view. To do so I press the "Use as Default" button at the bottom of view options. But this will also affect all my other system folders as well. Is there an Automator script I have to use or an easier way of doing this?
QUOTE Thanks
rohan

rohan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Quad i7, 16GB | 27" iMac 3.1 GHz Quad i5 12GB| OS X.x | iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2

just open the folder in question...set the size...& what view you want...everything you want to customize...
now instead of clicking set as default...check the box that says "always view as...." right on top
this sould give u the desired result

<< i can explain it to you...but i can't understand it for you... >>
QUOTE Thanks
capoeira4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan View Post
just open the folder in question...set the size...& what view you want...everything you want to customize...
now instead of clicking set as default...check the box that says "always view as...." right on top
this sould give u the desired result
Thanks for your reply. Actually what you've recommended will only affect the root folder. However I want to make the setting effective for ALL THE SUB-FOLDERS within that root folder.

For example, within my Picture folder, I have organized my pictures into 100 separate sub-folders. If I check the box "always view as..." it will only affect the Picture folder. But it will NOT change the view settings for the 100 sub-folders within.
QUOTE Thanks
rohan

rohan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Quad i7, 16GB | 27" iMac 3.1 GHz Quad i5 12GB| OS X.x | iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2

the only way you can achieve this is mu selecting "set as default" in the same pane
however this will effect ALL folders on your system...you will then have to manually go & change every folder you dont want looking like that.

<< i can explain it to you...but i can't understand it for you... >>
QUOTE Thanks
capoeira4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan View Post
the only way you can achieve this is mu selecting "set as default" in the same pane
however this will effect ALL folders on your system...you will then have to manually go & change every folder you dont want looking like that.
Yes I knew that already...and it really sucks... thanks for your reply anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
lightmaster

lightmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira4u View Post
Hi I have a similar question about customizing folder view. How do I customize the view just for a particular folder and all the sub-folders inside without affecting other folders outside.

eg. I want my Picture folder and all sub-folders to have cover flow view. To do so I press the "Use as Default" button at the bottom of view options. But this will also affect all my other system folders as well. Is there an Automator script I have to use or an easier way of doing this?
You can use Automator to change the folder view. Here is an Automator app I made to do this for you: Here.It will ask for a folder and when you select one, it will change the view of that folder and any subfolders to be "cover flow".
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dashboard Problem. | Mail URL Links start VMWare IE instead of Mac Mail »