New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Icon problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chelsea_Man

Chelsea_Man is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5 GHz MBP 4GB Ram Glossy Screen

I am having trouble changing my icons. I follow the steps Apple recommends on their website.....

1. Select the volume, application, folder, or file whose icon you want to stamp onto another, just click the icon to select it.
2. From the File menu, choose Get Info or press Command-I to open the Info window.
3. Click the icon in the upper-left corner of the Info window to select it.
From the Edit menu, choose Copy or press Command-C.
4. Select the volume, application, folder, or file whose icon you want to replace.
5. From the File menu, choose Get Info or press Command-I.
6. Click the icon in the upper-left corner.
7. From the Edit menu, choose Paste or press Command-V to replace the icon.

My problem is with step 3 no matter what icon file I select the icon in the upper left hand corner is always the preview icon. Now I can finish the steps and I can change any of my icons as long as I want to use the preview icon.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
dietrying0

dietrying0 is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem. I can seem to figure it out. You are the first I have found that is having an similar problem. I have tried several different formats of icons. They are all showing up as preview. I tried it anyway to see what would happen and it deleted my dreamweaver icon. Now all I want to do it get it back. I am running OS X 10.5.6 on a dual 2.5 Ghz PowerPC G5. I just wanted to check and see if there was any update you have heard of on this issue. I will keep checking around and let you know if I hear of a solution.
QUOTE Thanks
lupusyonderboy8

lupusyonderboy8 is on a distinguished road

I also have this same problem. I have tried with three different icon sets to no avail. When I hit "Get Info" about the icon it always shows this:

even though I can view the icon through preview or other means. I have tried copying and pasting that and just end up with this:

As you can see, it has worked for some icons, but not for most. Any help is greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
flyajax

flyajax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Man View Post
I am having trouble changing my icons. I follow the steps Apple recommends on their website.....

1. Select the volume, application, folder, or file whose icon you want to stamp onto another, just click the icon to select it.
2. From the File menu, choose Get Info or press Command-I to open the Info window.
4. Select the volume, application, folder, or file whose icon you want to replace.

My problem is with step 3 no matter what icon file I select the icon in the upper left hand corner is always the preview icon. Now I can finish the steps and I can change any of my icons as long as I want to use the preview icon.

Watch this there is something wrong with the sound for some reason but youl still get the point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UOHo...e_gdata_player
QUOTE Thanks
flyajax

flyajax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Man View Post

I found the solution, to the problem. Watch this i made the video.
YouTube - Changing Icons
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SSH hosts.allow | I hate nesting function in Mail 4.3 »