New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Photosmart 8050 Driver Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Please bear with me as this is my first Mac, which I must say, I really like.

I recently purchased a Macbook Air running OS X. I have successfully networked the Mac with my XP box and am able to print to my HP Photosmart 8050 printer using the Gutenprint 5.1.3 driver. According to this HP brochure, OS X is supposed to support the 8050 printer natively. I checked HP's website and their driver support stops at OS v10.4. The problem is that I am unable to find the Photosmart drivers in the list of available printer drivers.

Using the Gutenprint 5.1.3 driver, every application prints on 1/2 of the page. It seems to compress everything on the left side of the page. Almost as if the OS thinks the page is only 4" x 11" as opposed to 8.5" x 11". The print preview shows as filling the page, but when printing things get compressed.

This is my first Mac, I'm not very familiar with the OS, so please take it easy on me.

Thanks for your help!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Have you downloaded the latest HP update to OS X available from Apple? Click on your Apple menu and select update. The HP update was just recently released - seems like it was last week when I downloaded it. Give it a try.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007 is on a distinguished road

I just completed the update as you suggested and installed the HP update. After installing the update, my Photosmart 8050 is still not listed.
QUOTE Thanks
bpasker

bpasker is on a distinguished road

The full drive suite download link on bottom of the page says it has 10.5 support.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...product=454816
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How can one tell what kind of wireless signal (a/b/g/n) they are receiving? | Flashing Screen »